Cinnamon Roll Bread Pudding
January 15, 2016 | western
Ingredients for the goodness!
½ cup sugar, plus 2 tablespoons
1 ¼ teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
10 regular-size cinnamon rolls, cut in 1 ½-inch chunks
3 egg yolks
1 cup half-and-half
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons pecan pieces (Chopped or pieces)
¾ cups confectioners’ sugar
¼ cup heavy whipping cream
1. Preheat oven to 350º. Combine 2 tablespoons of sugar and ½ teaspoon cinnamon in a small bowl. Spray 5 ramekins with cooking spray and coat with cinnamon sugar. Set on a baking sheet.
2. Place cinnamon roll pieces in a large bowl and set aside.
3. Place egg yolks in a medium bowl and set aside.
4. Combine half-and-half, ½ cup sugar, and ¾ teaspoon cinnamon in a small saucepan. Heat over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until it boils (Make sure it does not scorch). Remove from heat and add vanilla extract and salt. Let cool slightly.
5. Slowly add ½ cup half-and-half mixture to eggs while whisking continuously (so the eggs don’t curdle). Gradually add remaining half-and-half mixture. Pour mixture over cinnamon rolls and stir to combine.
6. Spread mixture evenly into the 8×8. Sprinkle tops with pecans. Place in oven and bake for about 20-25 minutes, until golden brown on top. Remove from oven.
7. In a small bowl, whisk together confectioners’ sugar and cream. Drizzle on top of bread pudding & enjoy!